Tomatoes are a wonderful base for a lot of dishes but me not liking vegetables is a bit of a hindrance and stands in the way of me actually using them.
I don’t like vegetables is a very strange statement to make especially as I usually follow it by saying I’m a vegan! The truth is I’ve never been friends with vegetables, but as a woman who is always up for a challenge that seems like a minor hurdle to overcome. Now that I’m a plant-based eater, I see my mission as finding ways to make vegetables taste less like vegetables so I just wanted to share my tomato sauce recipe with you.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||6-8 minutes|
- 6 Vine tomatoes
- 1 handful Fresh Basil
- 1-2 small Chilli I don't like things too spicy but I do like a bit of a kick so I used a small one. Feel free to add as many as your palette can handle or leave them out all together.
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar I like a bit of sweetness but you can choose to omit this if you like.
- 1 dash vinegar I used cider vinegar as I didn't have any balsamic
- Chop tomatoes in quarters and add to your blender. Add vinegar and chilli and blend all ingredients together.
- Add fresh basil and continue to blend.
- Put your freshly made sauce into a saucepan and simmer on a low heat stirring occasionally.
- Add brown sugar if using and continue to simmer until you get the consistency you like.
- Taste and add more of the ingredients to suit your taste pallet
- Use immediately or store in a glass container in the fridge. It will keep in a fridge 3-4 days.
Share this Recipe